Who We Are
Empowered Voices is a values-driven small business that offers prevention education workshops that aim to improve interpersonal and intrapersonal skills. We encourage participants to engage in problem-solving through scripted and improvised true-to-life scenarios. Our workshops work with both small and large groups and teach new and innovative ways to handle uncomfortable situations. We aim to develop effective communication skills by engaging participants in meaningful dialogue while encouraging critical thinking and providing a safe environment where participants have the opportunity to speak about real world issues and learn new skills.
We strive to be the leader in collaborative education.
Our mission is to strengthen social awareness and encourage healthy relationships and understanding by educating and empowering individuals. We do this through interactive workshops that encourage respect, promote understanding and positive change within the Armed Forces, universities, and other organizations.
Main Topics We Cover
- Sexual Harassment and Assault Prevention
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Suicide Prevention
- Creative writing and collaboration
- Personal development and understanding values
- Reading environmental signs of danger
- Thinking "outside the box"
- Utilizing critical thinking skills
- Overcoming "the diffusion of responsibility" trap
- Defining and practicing giving and asking for consent
- Overcoming obstacles
- Igniting inclusive attitudes
- Fostering creative and collaborative problem solving
- Understanding resiliency
- Using proactive and positive thinking
- Understanding and practicing bystander intervention
- Learning and practicing effective communication
- Maintaining professionalism
*Assessments are collected and analyzed for continuous process improvement
**Study guides and marketing materials are provided